January 19, 2012

Chinese New Year

Today we celebrated Chinese New Year in our third grade classroom.  We made fans, wrote about the zodiac signs, and colored a picture of a dragon.  In honor of the fun theme day, we passed out yummy fortune cookies.  The students had a lot of fun comparing their fortunes and deciding what they meant.  The best part of the day was when a little boy comes up to me and says “My fortune is kinda weird.”  I took the fortune and read it aloud.

‘You will soon have a romantic encounter.’

 I giggled to myself.

Another little girl approached behind Boy #1. “Mine says the same thing.” She stated disappointedly  

I giggled to myself some more.

What I wanted to say: “It’s a match made in Heaven! You two should fall in love! What wonderful fortunes! Hooray for Chinese New Year!”
What I did say: “That’s cool; have a seat.”
I love teaching. (:

4 comments:

  1. Hahaha!
    We need to pass out fortune cookies in the singles ward more often.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "That's cool; have a seat." Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I second Bethany's notion for sure. You little matchmaker, Teach. : ]

    ReplyDelete